Sunday, October 23, 2011

Celebrate "Ch" - Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!


What a super fun and delicious day this was! Chocolate Chip Cookie Day - to celebrate our study of the "ch" digraph. After making "ch" word cookie headbands, our whole first grade gathered in the kitchen: Mrs. Linnabary read the recipe and took pictures, Ms. Bishop helped the kids as they came up and followed the directions on the recipe, and Ms. Branch read The Doorbell Rang to the kids as the cookies baked. And SURPRISE! Perfect timing! The timer on our oven went off just as the Grandma rang the doorbell bringing a warm batch of fresh cookies to the kids in the book! NO kidding! The kids were absolutely thrilled and delighted!
Note: All but one teacher pre-baked cookies for our class the night before so we would only have to mix up and bake one batch of cookies at school. It worked out perfectly! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I just discovered your blog and am your newest follower! I am a 1st grade teacher in Texas too! I would love for you to come visit me! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*!

    If you need some penguin or snowmen activities, I have some that I hope your Firsties would love as much as mine do!

    If you give the lovely tPRI, I have some games for that too! =)

    I am always so excited when I come across a Texas teacher's blog!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete